- GroupMe: groupme.com/privacy
- reddit: reddit.com/help/privacypolicy
- PlayStation Network: playstation.com/en-us/legal/privacy-policy
- Twitch: twitch.tv/user/legal?page=privacy_policy
If you need a refresher on some key web terminology that will be used here, check out Google’s Key Terms list: google.com/policies/privacy/key-terms
- Information provided by you directly.
- Account registration information on reddittryhard.com, including your name, email address, or accounts on reddit, twitch, and PSN.
- RSVP or other information provided in a form, including your time zone and approximate location.
- When using GroupMe, we collect and log user interactions including chat messages posted in the main (public) chat groups.
- Server log information, including the type of device you use to connect to our website.
- Your authentication information (not your username and password) when using pages that rely on the GroupMe API.
- Cookie information from your registered account on reddittryhard.com, to authenticate you to members-only pages and services.
- We may collect and store some information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage or cookies.
- Information about posts or comments you make on our subreddit.
How we use this information
All information collected is used to provide tools and products for the clan. Some information is used to filter access levels to certain protected tools (such as clan leaders).
Other information, such as server logs or cookies, are used to better understand how users are interacting with the website and to make changes if necessary. This information is not anonymized, but is treated without respect to individual users.
We may combine information provided on one part of our website with another tool or service, such as displaying a link to Twitch in a public GroupMe chat when another user asks for a list of currently streaming players.
Your public activities on reddit or GroupMe may be compiled and shared publicly as well, by our website or other users. This could include GroupMe cumulative statistics on usage, including by individuals, or information about your activity on PlayStation.
How we don’t use this information
- Email and contact information. Your email address or other contact information will never be shared by a third-party, including other clan members or leaders, unless legally required.
- GroupMe authorization. When using certain pages on our site that require you to sign in to GroupMe, we store an authorization token to prevent having to ask you to sign in every time. This authorization token allows us to access and interact with all GroupMe services as if you were doing so, including private messages and your GroupMe account contact information. At no time will this authorization token be used to access any of your personal information or private messages, nor will it be used to act on your behalf using GroupMe services. Authorization tokens received on these pages are destroyed automatically after seven days of disuse.
- Sharing with third parties. Your information, including your real name, email address, phone number, address, other account usernames, or other information we have gathered about you not being used for another public purpose, will never be shared with third parties or other clan members. You may choose to use a pseudonym when registering for an account.
Revising or removing your information
In order to change or remove information we have collected on you, you may:
- Revise information on your reddittryhard.com registration: reddittryhard.com/member-tools/profile
- Ask for your information to be removed manually by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our sites or services. However, it’s important to remember that some of our pages won’t be accessible without allowing cookies, including members-only tools.
Information we do share, and why
We will not share your personal information with outside companies, organizations, or individuals unless one of the following applies:
- You’ve granted explicit consent.
- With domain or website administrators helping build or maintain our site or tools.
- For legal reasons. We will share personal information with outside companies, organizations, or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
We may share aggregated, anonymized, non-personally identifiable information publicly. For example, we may share a graph showing the change in GroupMe messages over time.
We work hard to protect users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt all of our pages, tools, and services using SSL.
- We follow open standards for data transmission and storage, including best practices for database management.
- We regularly review our information collection, storage, and processing practices.
Changes to this policy
Updated: January 6th, 2015